Jumping another car battery with 2005 RX 400h

Yes, simply remove the battery cover (I believe each fastener has a button that you must press to release it.), connect the positive (red) jumper cable to your battery's positive terminal and the dead battery's positive terminal. Connect the negative (black) jumper cable to your negative terminal and then to a chassis ground on the dead battery vehicle (preferably away from the battery).

Turn your ignition key to the start position. The dead battery car's engine should start even though your car has not started. If the dead battery is extremely weak, it may pull enough current so that your RX will start up. If this is the case you may have to wait a few minutes before enough current has been drawn to start up the vehicle getting jumped.

By the way, your RX400h must be a 2006 model. Ours was purchased in April of 2005 but as a 2006 model (first year of designation for this vehicle)

• 2 weeks later...

What he said. But the best and safest way is to buy a portable jump starter. I got the Micro Start XP-1 from 4wheelonline, and it works extremely well. I can even use it to charge my phone and tablet.