Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Installed a new speaker in my front door and was running the sound system at volume to check for rattles. Ran less than 5-10 minutes when it cut out, nav display went blank and it was dead. Hooked up a battery charger. After 10  minutes I was able to start the car and I was back in business. 

 

Does the system pull that much current or do I have a bad battery?  I had it checked 2 weeks ago during service and they told me the battery checked out fine. 

 

Car seems ti start fine now, as well  

 

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

Seems you may have a weak battery OR a poorly charged battery due to many very short trip  .  Check battery voltage with a volt meter when car has been off for a few hours. Google it.   Then you get a good grip on charge level.  For my battery type . AGM type battery ca 12.60 V means 75% charged. 

This is about what you should preeferably be at least for the battery to last.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...