Headlights On 98 Es 300

I have a passenger side headlight bulb on the 98 that has gone out. Tried to get the headlight bulb out to change it but was unsuccessful...looks like only a 2 pronged plug comes out, but when I reach back in for the bulb, it doesn't budge...seems like something is holding it back. Tried to give it a tug or 2 but nothing happening.

What gives? Am I missing something? The thought of going to the dealer to have him charge me upwards of $100.00 or more to change a bulb doesn't sit well with me so any help would be appreciated...

Thanks much!!

CP

I assume you already unhooked the electrical wire connector to the bulb before attempting to remove the actual bulb. There is a metal spring clip shaped like a hook that latches around the base of the bulb. This is typical on both the driver and passenger side bulbs. You should be able to peer into the headlight assy and see the metal spring clip, and then just carefully lift up the clip and leave it hanging out of the way from the bulb. Now you should be able to pull out the bulb.

To install the new bulb (H7 type), just reverse the instructions stated above. Keep in mind to NOT touch the glass part of the bulb with your fingers, as that will leave behind dirt/oil and could cause the bulb to fail prematurely. Use latex/rubber gloves for added protection. Hope this helps.