2007 gx470 Air conditioner blowing cold air only on passenger side

hammer008

I have been trying to fix my air conditioner for a month now as it only blows warm air or cold air only on the passenger side on a good day.

1.  Put new refrigerant.....worked for 2 weeks

2. put dye in to check for leaks....no leak visible using UV light

3.  changed both valve cores + more refrigerant....worked great for 2 weeks.

Anyone have any idea where I can look at next?  Where is the most probably leak area?

Are you saying that when it blows cold air on one side (passenger) at the same time it is blowing hot air on the other side (driver) or vica versa?   Trying to understand if if the WHOLE SYSTEM is either hot or cold.    OR if it is a SIDE thing where the two SIDES are different.

It blows warm outside air on driver side and cold ice air on the passenger side...so here is the cycle...

1.  fill with refrigerant....ice cold air on both sides for about 2 weeks....after warm outside air on the driver side and cold air passenger side for about 1 week...after warm outside air on both sides....rinse and repeat with  more refrigerant...

I have also replaced the AC relay in the fuse box to no luck.

Interesting.  OK, I was going down path of problems with the servos that control the flow under the dash.  Mine was doing that, hot on one side and cold on the other, but never completelty went to hot on both.  Mine was actually the servos and I could here them making noises for years and then they failed.   Sounds like you actually have a leak.

• 8 months later...

Well, here goes my ordeal. 

1.  Mechanic said he doesn't like the sound of the compressor....only have original compressor available (no rebuilt) so replaced  $2000+2 hour labor=$2200

2.  Cool but not cold...Mechanic said probably should replace the condenser and dryer may be clogged....$300+ 2hour labor=$500

3.  After 1 week....warm air again....found a huge puddle on driveway behind the rear passenger wheel...Mechanic was surprised there was a separate evaporator at back...said needs to cap of the rear  $300.

Working now but only in the front.    :(      Kids not happy for no instant cold in rear.

• 1 year later...

New owner #3 of 2009 with similar cooling problem at 138k private purchase. A/C quit completely within one day of ownership! Serious leak in condenser/evaporators. Cost is $2000 to replace unit behind dash with tedious dismantling 3/4 of repair cost. By law had to evacuate all Freon & bypass system until leak fixed. As prior post noted a simple Freon recharge at best good for about 2 weeks & I suspect this was done to mask problem by owner #2 prior to sale.

• 6 months later...
On 9/26/2017 at 11:16 AM, momo2000 said:

Interesting.  OK, I was going down path of problems with the servos that control the flow under the dash.  Mine was doing that, hot on one side and cold on the other, but never completelty went to hot on both.  Mine was actually the servos and I could here them making noises for years and then they failed.   Sounds like you actually have a leak.

What was the cost to fix your Servo Issue? I have the same issue.