Wow! What A Car!

I had bought a ES 300 in May ’03 and I went on a long (really long drive) – from Houston to Ottawa, ON last week (a total of 3800 miles both ways). I really enjoyed every minute of my drive. The DVD navigation system worked like a dream and it was amazing how it could get me information like the nearest hotels, gas stations restaurants, etc (POI’s).

The navigation system was able to track even the small streets in Ottawa! I was doing around 75 mph and it felt I was doing around 65!!

Inspite of driving this long, I never felt any tiredness – maybe it has to do with the quality of the ride. Everything about the vehicle impressed me and I am glad I bought a Lexus!!

I got mileage around 24mpg – maybe that’s on the lower side. But who cares?

I noticed one thing though. If I drove around 75 mph the mileage was around 22-23mpg. But if drove around 65 mph, I got a mileage around 25mpg. Didn’t make any sense to me though!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to our nation's capital. B) There are not many better cars out there to take on a long drive like that than in the Lexus! :D I'm going to several locations in Florida starting on May 9th for my honeymoon & can't wait to take my ES. :D

:cheers:

I noticed one thing though. If I drove around 75 mph the mileage was around 22-23mpg. But if drove around 65 mph, I got a mileage around 25mpg. Didn’t make any sense to me though!!

There is an ideal road speed where you get the best gas mileage. The main factor is wind resistance. Think of it this way........when you drive up a hill the engine works harder to keep up the speed, therefore your mileage goes down, as opposed to going down a hill(coasting). ;)

HoeBag,

I am scheduled to fly out to Sydney around last week of May on work.

If for some reason my trip gets postponed i shall surely attend.

Too bad i can't take my ES there!!

Thanks