Replacing Tail Light Bulbs

KY3TS

HOW DO YOU "GET" TO THE TAIL LIGHT BULBS. THE WARNING LIGHT CAME ON FOR A BLOWN TAIL LIGHT BULB. BUT LOW AND BEHOLD WHEN I OPENED THE TRUNK, THE BULB RECEPTICALS WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. I AM GUESSING THAT THE TAIL LIGHT LENSE COVERS MUST BE REMOVED BY LOOSENING THE SMALL NUTS ON THE SCREWS STICKING THROUH THE REAR OF THE TRUNK. AM I CORRECT?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Once the lens nuts are removed you will be able to remove the mutli- bulb retainer, as mentioned above. I would recommend (as I did) replacing all the bulbs at the same time - no need to do this project to often. I had a bulb burn out in 1998. 5 years later, after replacing all bulbs with premium bulbs, still ok. Also I cleaned the bulb sockets and applied a liquid Turtle Guard ( better than Armor All, of course) to all plastics of the bulb retainer assembly. Finally, I silicon sealed all seams of the lenses to prevent moisture incursions into the the inner lens areas. my 2 cents...