<-- New Guy, Need Info On 2jz Swap Into Sc300 Plz

Hey everyone, I'm a few weeks away from buying my sc300, and making a soarer out of it. I'd like to drop the 3.0 tt supra motor into it, but this is not as documented as other cars I've built. If you could toss me a few links (I've done a ton of googlin' and am still coming up short, the only really quality resource I've found is at flyhawaii.com (but the manual is $200 !! ) Thanks in advance everyone

!

Luke

Trust me, its been discussed here alot. Try doing the search function for this forum and check out the performance faq. Best bet is to buy the swap manual. Its well worth the $200 as apposed to having someone else do it for you

i just got my salvaged sc300 5spd and i was thinking...would it be more economical for me to just have my 2jzge rebuilt to be just like the supra's gte? and how about the wiring harness...can i jsut use the stock sc300's or must i get the supra TT's too? thanks for any reply.

It wouldnt be that economical really. Heads should close, but the biggest difference as i know is the internals of the block. The GTE has the oil squirters whereas the GE has the channels, but isnt tapped for the squirters. The GTE also has stronger rods. If you were going to put the money into the block you might as well get forged internals instead of someones used crap. Theres a few people on here that have great success with a turbo GE. Wiring harness is the exact same i between the GTE and GE if i remember correctly

i was going to go forged everything but the guy that will be dealing with my engine recommends otherwise. he's been working with toyota engines for over 30 years and has a legal shop around the city, so i think il take his words on that one. he does acknowledge that forged is better performance though.

so basically i'm getting .5mm bores, parts and labor and everything will run me $3900. i think that's better than paying 5000 for a high mileage USDM motor.

yeah...i was thinking jdm too, but phil at flyhawaii.com strongly urged me not to since smogging will be a problem. and it starts at 280HP unless you make it less restrictive somehow like the usdm's.

hey bean, you seem to know about the 2jz's. what are the differences between the gte and ge besides rods and gaskets? do you have some good readings on that? thanks.

mpowerluke - First of all, welcome to the forums. I don't want to come across the wrong way but I'm going to be blunt.

If you can't afford 200$ for a comprehensive manual on how to do the job then you can't afford the job. The people who do it themselves took the time to figure it out. That's how most things in life work. You will need a lot of items and those things are fairly strait forward. I don't feel like typing it all out again...

It has indeed been discussed lots of times.

As far as the turbo conversion on the GE - Let me say this again:

Pre 1998 2jz-ge is identical internally to the pre 1998 2jz-gte with the exception of piston tops and the oil squirters. Rods are equally strong.

The heads are different - port spacing is different. The intake and exhaust manifold is different. The power steering reservoir is slightly askew compared to the ge ps rez. The pistons are dished for lower compression in the gte. Otherwise, they are of the same build and quality. That is forged and resin coated from the factory. The wiring harness is very similar with only a few extra pins and wires for the GTE.

To rebuild a ge with forged internals would be, in my opinion, a very smart thing to do for a high boost, high power build with the $$ in mind. It won't be cheap, but it will be cheaper than going through a gte and all the inernals and turbo stuff there.

I don't know, haven't done the job. I've just read around - can't tell you for sure but off the top of my head but I would guess - crank sensor for DLI, tach signal, and map sensor. Get the book. Research.