Location of a/c blower resistor - LS400 1st Gen. 1994

pacolet

Anybody here that can tell me EXACTLY where I can locate the blower resistor for the blower motor?  Not referring to the transistor on the large heatsink, but the resistor which is used to control fan speed.  The vehicle is a '94 Lexus LS400.  I just cannot find it.  Please don't respond unless you know where it is and can direct me to it.  A picture would be a blessing.  All help appreciated.

Okay, 1990 to 1994 are all Gen 1, and between the years there were some minor changes, but not in the basic body, so it should be the same on your car.

In the 92 manual its just a line drawing not showing much. On my 90, the way to access it is to remove the lower panel under the glove box or actually under the blower unit I think you can leave in the ECU panel I don't know because I have mine out at the time. That resistor is located just to the right of the wire bundle where you see the 3 plugs in the middle of the unit, and its near the fan hump to the left of it and towards the front of the car, use a mirror and a flash light to look for it. The wires will be in the way somewhat. And keep me posted on how it goes. Have fun. And your welcome