1995 Ls Badges On Trunk

Are these badges glued? or do they have studs through the metal? How can I get them off? (I don't need no stinking badges :D ) will my paint look bad or can I buff out the difference?

Thanks!

~One man’s opinion / observations ~

The removal of emblems and trim moulding can dramatically clean up the look of a car or truck. Follow a couple of precautions before removing any emblems or mouldings: First, make sure that the emblem or moulding is applied with a double-sided tape. Second, make sure that there are no locator holes behind the area that will be seen after the emblem or moulding is removed.

After checking these two precautions, follow these easy steps for removal:

·Using a nylon bone tool, slide the tongue between the emblem and the double-sided tape. Lift carefully to separate the emblem from the vehicle. Be careful not to damage the paint. Once started, insert dental floss or fishing line between the paint and the emblem it can be pulled off by hand.

·The age of the vehicle will determine how much of the tape will come off with the emblem. The older the vehicle, the better the tape will stick to the paint

·Once the emblem has been removed, the double-sided tape will also need to be removed. The safest way to remove this tape without damage to the paint, is rubbing it with your thumb, rolling it off the paint. It can be slow, however this is definitely the safest way to remove it. Otherwise, use an eraser wheel attached to a drill to remove the adhesive. Be sure to follow the manufacture directions when using the eraser wheel.

·After the tape is removed, use a solvent based adhesive remover to completely clean the adhesive. A spray bottle works effectively for allowing the cleaner to soak on the adhesive. Follow with a clean terry-cloth towel.

·Wash the vehicle thoroughly to eliminate any chemical residue, polish and wax the vehicle as necessary.

The adhesive on a new car will be easier to remove; however with some patience, even the double-sided tape from a 3 or 4-year-old vehicle can be removed. On many older vehicles, a colour difference due to UVR fading could be visible. Polishing and waxing will either eliminate or greatly reduce these colour differences.

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/

justadumbarchitect *so I question everything*

this is not much help, but some time ago i ordered an "LS 400" badge for my 92 that was without.

i ordered from i beleive the 97 LS catalog, anyway the badge(s) came with 2 studs on each emblem ie... 2 for the LS and 2 for the 400,

i just grinded them off and used the 3m tape, been stuck in place for atleast a year now.

p.s. maybe call lexus and ask a technician if he can find out for you. as many people don't mess with taking the badges off and probably don't know.

what u could do is just take them off, clean the area really well, put a tiny bit of body filler in the holes (if there are any) and use some color coded touch up paint specificly for your vehicle from Lexus, followed by a clear coat. buff it up after it drys and has time to set and i very seriously doubt u would be able to tell they were even there.

just a suggestion :D