Transmission stopped working...but then started again??

Gmach

Ok..weird scenario. Driving at 130KPH (Canada) when I went to pass a slower car. I just applied a little accelerator pedal and notice there was nothing there. Didn't change gears, just a slight push on the gas pedal. Form there the car just coasted to the side of the road. Towed the car home. In the morning I started it to see if it would move off the street AND everything was back to normal. Reverse and forward gears OK. Decided to take it to the local store but as the engine temp came up to normal ( mid gauge) once again the transmission stopped responding..just like on the highway. Let it cool down to were the temp gauge was at 1/4..started it and the transmission was normal again...until the engine temp. gets up to normal then the transmission stops working until it (engine) has time to cool off.

I can't image what is going on. Could this be a bad servo do that? I do have a code 63 which is the #2 servo..but could that be the only cause? I didn't think that would completely disable the transmission, just some shifts.

Obviously the heat (engine temp) has something to do with it, but what and how.

I have notice a very slight whining from the transmission with the car in park as I increase the RPM.

Appreciate any input.

Car has been well maintained since new and has 500000 kilometers on it.