Setting The Seating....

Just got a 99 Es300 and I am very proud of it.

I see that on the drivers seat there is an option to set the seats. Now there are 3 buttons, SET SEAT1 SEAT1....now how do I program it to my comfort and having to move it back everytime my brother drives it.

Thanks in advance...oh I am asking this because I dont hav a Owners Manual...anyone know If I can get one or download one online.

thanks

I think the manual has the best instructions but I think it is like turn the key to acc, set the seat where you want, then press the set button and set1 or set2 and hold till it beeps. I could be wrong since it has bee na few years since I did it.

Yep, any time the transmission is in park and your foot is off the brake. Hold SET while selecting 1 or 2 and it will memorize the position. The seat memory will not work at all if the car is not in park or if your foot is on the brake.

register as the owner on www.lexus.com and you can request a free owners manual.

ebay sometimes has good bargains on owners manual complete with the leather jacket.

steviej

oh yeah.......WELCOME TO THE CLUB. :cheers:

Hi, I also have a 99 and I just set my seats. If you want to set them both what I did was put the key at the "on" position and put it in park. I set one seat by pushing the set button then the seat 1 button. After it beeped I started the car then I turned it off, opened the door then closed the door and put key back in the "on" postition and did the same thing for set button #2. Now I don't think you have to do all this but I tried it how the book said and it wasn't working so I did it this way and vwa-la it worked. :cheers: