Air Suspension Option '92 Ls

ghallam

Is it costly to get repairs done on the added air suspension ?

I just purchased a '92 LS 400, and the back end drops down after the car is turned off. You can hear the air leaking after the car is turned off. Admittedly, I am a novice at any kind of repair like this. Is this suspension complicated enough, where i should only consider going to a Lexus dealership to have repairs made, Or can this be looked at by other mechanics ? Open to any suggestions.....

And by the way, it is riding fine right now. It just looks bad when the back end sits very low when it is turned off.

thanks, geoff

yours are exactly like mine when I got my 94 LS4 9-months back.

the air sus is going bad on you. to replace all 4 air strauts will easily cost you over $3K! the best advice I can give you is to convert them into hydraulic struts, namely Straut Master. their products are direct replacement for air strauts without any structural modification.

http://www.strutmasters.com/

rear pair of hydraulic strauts will cost you about $400, and 3~4 hours labor to put them in. removal of rear seats in order to get the strauts mountings is pins in the butt. not all shops are willing do these conversion, but Henneke (?) will do it.

if DYI,

http://www.lextreme.com/ascon.htm

good luck!

i have no idea about the air suspension, mine is just the regular suspension package

but i can give advice on where u should get it fixed......NOT THE DEALER <_<

they will charge you out the ying yang :lol:

if you have a trust worthy local mechanic, thats lexus certified, like mine, then definately bring the car in to him and have him look at it.. having an independent shop do the repairs will most definately be a lot cheaper than the dealer.

good luck,, some of the other members might be more educated on the air suspension, sorry i'm not. :)