Two Warning Lights On With No Problems

pakaplan

I have a 2005 ES330 and both the oil level and rear bulb failure warning lights are on. ALL rear bulbs work and oil level is perfect. Why are the both warning lights on? Is it sensor problem, fuse problem, something else? Any help is appreciated.

pakaplan,

It may be just coincidence that both systems indicate a problem, then again, maybe not.

But for sure, check out the oil level situation first before you drive the car anywhere! Check the oil level.

If its up, then trace down the oil pressure switch (see pic) and see if the wiring connection is clean, if not clean it.

If that doesn't fix the issue, buy a new oil pressure switch (cheap) and install it.

Page-365001.png

If you still have the issue, you best get the car to a mechanic you trust, as the oil pump may need replacing. Keep your fingers crossed!

As for the tail light lamp indicator, ........ track down all of the rear lamps (license plate and back up lights, turn signals, all of them, not just the brakes and parking lights). Check all bulbs and connectors, and the harnesses. If that doesn't find the culprit, it could be the sensor that signals that dash light, and if so .... you may be off to the mechanic again.

I checked the oil level and it 's full and clean. I checked all rear bulbs including license plate, running lights, side markers, brakes (upper and lower), and turn signals, ALL working fine. I hadn't driven the car in about 7 weeks because of a stroke I suffered, so I had the battery on a charger for a couple of days. Last time I drove it, everything was fine. Could having it on a charger have affected something? I do have a trusted mechanic and it looks like I might have to bring it in and have them check out what's going on. I can't help thinking both problems are related rather than coincidence. I also tried disconnecting the battery for about 60 minutes to try and "reset" the warning lights, but nothing reset.

How about the brake lights? If one of them is out, indicator on. You might need a pedal pusher or mirror to check. I used department store windows where I can back in to check brake and reverse lights.