2005 Lexus Ls 430 Tires

sailwindtwo

I'm not on here often enough to know how to navigate the site very well so I'm just going to start a post, I hope you don't mind. I have the 2005 Lexus LS 430 with 119k miles and I love her. I bought Michelin Primacy MXV4's about 7 years ago and they've been the best tires on the best car I've ever owned. I think it's well known that that particular tire is no longer available :( So my question is this; they now have a Primacy MXM4 and the Premier A/S. I've done some research but I'm not sure which would be better for me. I'm strictly after comfort, durability and a quiet ride. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!post-74403-0-32019600-1438472304_thumb.j

Hi Bill. I have the same MXV4s on my LS and have to agree on how nice they are. I do not know about the MXM4's but you might want to go over to the Tirerack site www.tirerack.com , as they have many reviews on tires.

Also, some tire shops have a lot of knowledge on tires and some will also guarantee that you love the tire or you bring it back and they swap them out for something else. Not all, but some. Takes some of the stress out of the decision. Let us know what you finally decide upon.

• Like 1

Both the Michelin ( http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/tires/products/primacy-mxv4.html ) and Tire Rack ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXV4&partnum=255VR7MXV4P&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2005&autoModel=LS430&autoModClar= ) show the MXV4 still being available in the 17" size (225/55-17) for the LS430 but only in the faster wearing "V" speed rating.

You might consider the more recently introduced Michelin Premier A/S which seems to get from equal to substantially better ratings by Tire Rack customers than the MXV4.

I agree that the MXV4 is an excellent tire. We had H-rated versions on both the 98 Camry and 00 LS400 we used to have.

Hi Bill. I have the same MXV4s on my LS and have to agree on how nice they are. I do not know about the MXM4's but you might want to go over to the Tirerack site www.tirerack.com , as they have many reviews on tires.

Also, some tire shops have a lot of knowledge on tires and some will also guarantee that you love the tire or you bring it back and they swap them out for something else. Not all, but some. Takes some of the stress out of the decision. Let us know what you finally decide upon.

Thanks Randall. I'll probably go with the Premier A/S but I need to go to the shop that does all my balancing work. They were a little higher on the price when I bought the MXV4's but they've always gotten my business for rotate and balance and alignment work. Maybe they'll match prices this time. Tire Rack didn't come close on prices but they are good for reviews.

Bill

Both the Michelin ( http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/tires/products/primacy-mxv4.html ) and Tire Rack ( http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Primacy+MXV4&partnum=255VR7MXV4P&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Lexus&autoYear=2005&autoModel=LS430&autoModClar= ) show the MXV4 still being available in the 17" size (225/55-17) for the LS430 but only in the faster wearing "V" speed rating. You might consider the more recently introduced Michelin Premier A/S which seems to get from equal to substantially better ratings by Tire Rack customers than the MXV4.I agree that the MXV4 is an excellent tire. We had H-rated versions on both the 98 Camry and 00 LS400 we used to have.

Yes, the A/S is one I am considering along with the MXM4. I have 18" so the MXV4 is no longer an option. Thanks!

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE!

Today I had a new set of Michelin Premiere A/S tires put on my baby. Took her up on the interstate and up to 75mph. Smooth and quiet so far. I had 70k miles and 6 years on the MXV4 Primacy set I took off. They still had tread left but I can really tell the difference in noise and ride with the new ones. I'm ready for another 70k!