Ls 460 Low Oil Pressure Indication

I recently bought a 2012 Lexus LS 460. I have looked high and low in the owners manual for the Low Oil Pressure Indication and I can't find it.

Does anyone know where this is located on the dashboard.

Thanks for any info.

Mark

That sounds like an ominous question - was your engine low on oil?

Since there is no longer a separate oil pressure / low oil warning light, my assumption is that the "master warning light" will flash, the warning buzzer will sound and an appropriate message will be displayed in the instrument cluster's "Multi-information display". It would be nice if all possible warning and information displays would be documented in the owners manuals but that hasn't been the case.

It often easier to search owners manuals in the owners section of www.lexus.com

The section that discusses warning messages is at http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM50C39U/pdf/sec_05_02.pdf

Probably the least known light on a Lexus. Low oil LEVEL shows an yellow oil can. Low oil PRESSURE shows a red oil can and I'll bet buzzers and warnings.

No I don't have Low Oil Pressure. However I would think that it's an important parameter. If the Master Caution light comes on

how would I know it came on due to low oil pressure. How many times does a light come on and you keep on driving..

Thanks for your imput.

It is not well documented in the Owners Manual but information like this is displayed in English on the screen in the instrument cluster. Your LS460 does not have the warning light that Dennys mentioned - that was on older versions of the LS.