How To Change The Cabin Air Filter In A 91 Lexus?

LexusGuy91

Hi

How can I change the cabin air filter in my 91 Lexus? Whenever I turn on the A/C it smells like mold.

I tried looking in my manual but I can't find where it explains how to replace it.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Welcome Max.

I seem to recall that the 91's did not have a cabin filter. Read thru this thread for more info -> http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/57544-91-ls400-cabin-filter/?hl=%2Bcabin+%2Bfilter

Hmm, so is there a way to get rid of the mildew smell then?

I checked out the link and it looks like it confirms that there is no cabin air filter in the 91 model.

Also, how can I do a search in this specific sub-form (90-00 LS forum)? When I try the search function it brings me results from all the forums on this site.

Thanks

There are various deodorants/cleaners that you can spray into the auto HVAC ducts to clean. Do a Google search. It is not unique to Lexus.

For Lexus searches, click on the gear shaped object to the right of the search box(Advanced Search). Then simply type in your query and select the forum you want to search. I know, it is not super obvious but that will work.