Ct 200H Air Suspension

LexK

Hi.

I would like to get air suspension for my CT 200h.

Does anyone know something about the kits or parts?

Actually I like it's stock suspension but we have bad roads here in Estonia.

Awaiting for reply.

Air suspension does not necessarily provide a softer ride but here is a Google search link: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=air+suspension+for+lexus+ct200h

The CT 200h is essentially a Lexus branded version of the Toyota Prius and uses many of the same components. The Prius rides harshly too - we have a 2012 Prius which I think is sold as the Prius+ in your country.

The CT200h shares a variety of components with the Prius and several other Toyota vehicles and is built on the same platform as the Toyota Corolla and Toyota Matrix. Sale of the Matrix in the US was discontinued in 2013 and is now sold only in Canada and Mexico.

OK. OK. But the suspension is absolutely different.

My question is still open.

I have found only 2 companies in USA who sell for 200h.

And the price is about 3500 USD. Is it normal price?

Correct. The CT200h does not share its springs and dampers with other models.

As to whether or not US$3,500 is a normal price, it is very rare for people in the U.S. to add air suspension to vehicles. I have been on several Lexus forums for over ten years and the only times I have seen people add air suspension is to LS400 cars and that has been done as a novelty so that the vehicle could be "dropped" as low as possible.

As I said previously, air suspension does not necessarily make a vehicle ride softer. I have ridden in and have driven LS400, LS430, and LS460 with and without air suspension and did not feel that it made much difference. The main benefit of air suspension in those vehicles is that the suspension adjusts automatically when the vehicle is loaded and the vehicle lowers automatically at high speed to increase stability. People often convert OEM air suspension to steel spring suspension when the air suspension fails on the LS400 and LS430. I have not yet seen a report where someone has converted an LS460 air suspension to steel springs.

Correct. The CT200h does not share its springs and dampers with other models.

As to whether or not US$3,500 is a normal price, it is very rare for people in the U.S. to add air suspension to vehicles. I have been on several Lexus forums for over ten years and the only times I have seen people add air suspension is to LS400 cars and that has been done as a novelty so that the vehicle could be "dropped" as low as possible.

As I said previously, air suspension does not necessarily make a vehicle ride softer. I have ridden in and have driven LS400, LS430, and LS460 with and without air suspension and did not feel that it made much difference. The main benefit of air suspension in those vehicles is that the suspension adjusts automatically when the vehicle is loaded and the vehicle lowers automatically at high speed to increase stability. People often convert OEM air suspension to steel spring suspension when the air suspension fails on the LS400 and LS430. I have not yet seen a report where someone has converted an LS460 air suspension to steel springs.

All I want from air suspension is possibility to change road clearance (make it lower or higher) and to have the same soft and good for drive suspension.