2015 Rx ...to Be Or Not To Be?

pj8708

Lexus first hinted that a new 2015 RX would be uncovered at the Detroit Auto Show. Now, their doing a "two step" and hinting that it may wait it's debut later the Spring.

When you consider that the RX was last renewed in 2009, and even given that the RX is still Lexus no.1 seller, it would appear that Lexus may not feel the need to hurry this up. For those of us who are RX owners, I guess a few months one way or another won't be a big deal since we already have the best cross-over made.

Paul

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2014/11/27/next-generation-lexus-rx-debut-detroit-auto-show/

Was in the dealership this week. If I understood my slsman correctly, in addition to the extension of the winter promotion through January, there are some add'l incentives for RX sls. Why would that be, I used afterward. Possible answer: sell out existing RX before new model. If so, existing RX inventories could explain -- or help explain -- the timing of the launch. I am looking for the new RX to be somewhat edgier in design.

Also gathered that the RC is selling well; the first one in a few weeks ago went out the door right after I saw it, and an RC-F on the showroom floor.

Crafted line everything in showroom and parked outside. Will be interesting to see how these go. Not my cup of Japanese tea;

I also gathered that overall sls might be just a bit slow, as the promotions have been extended and my slsman was making calls (including to me) seeking business.

IMHO from a styling standpoint RX needs a redo sooner than later, despite continued strong sales numbers. Lexus knows more attractive premium mid sized SUVS are increasingly common.