Problems With Navigation & Bluetooth Volume On 2007 Es350

JLakewood

The volume on my Nav and Bluetooth system isn't loud enough--I have it turned all the way up, but can only hear it through a tiny speaker that seems to be mounted somewhere on or above the driver's side of the dash. Shouldn't nav & bluetooth sound be coming out of the stereo speakers (interrupting radio)? Can barely hear nav directions! Anyone else have the same problem? Is this a design flaw or a problem specific to my 2007 ES 350?

JLakewood,

You could have a problem with just your head unit requiring repair or replacement, but it may just need a reset to correct the problem.

Do some online research on Google under "2007 Lexus (or Toyota) Nav reset" or similar. You might get lucky and find a post somewhere that explains how to do a reset. If not, its of to the dealership.

Years ago Toyota had a swap/repair program for its radio head units that was very reasonably priced. I made use of it on a Cressida back in the 80's. I don't know if such a thing is still available, but you might ask the dealership. I think I paid $300 or so to exchange my problem radio with a factory refurbished unit. Considering a new one was over $1000 at the time, it was a great deal. Good Luck!