Help. How To Remove Top A/c Vent On 1999 Ls 400

bode

I have a 1999 LS400 with Nakamichi radio. I thought you could just pry up the top a/c vent, but this one does not have clock with it but flasher lights unit. I can't get it to release and think I might be in trouble as it is coming apart. Please help me to get it off, so I can reassemble it
Thanks anyone

There are 2 clips on each side that you have to press in to release it. Be very careful bcuz that vent is fragile. If you get a light and shine it inside the vent on both sides you will see the release points. Here is the post you need.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/661002-radio-removal-instructions-needed.html

post-17259-0-20847200-1397316460_thumb.j

post-17259-0-99028600-1397316479_thumb.j

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, I tried to take the face plate off and screwed up the louvers. I guess my question is now, where and how can I get a replacement center vent at a reasonable price, since I broke this one

Billy,

Thanks and thanks for the Christian Bible message. I don't think I broke anything, it just came apart. It's hard to tell, but having difficulty putting it back together. The inner black bar that louvers attach to(inside area) doesn't stay put. Could be I broke something that holds it in, but can't see how it will stay. AM thinking of using glue to hold it in place. I'll show you a picture, see what you think

post-64618-0-10011800-1397330270_thumb.j