Gs400 After Market Wiring Help!

Hello I'm in the middle of installing 2 subs and an aftermarket touch screen in my 2000 Gs400. Behing my factory unit there is 4 plugs. Orange, 2 greys, and a white. On my factory amp there is also 4 plugs orange, white etc....

I have everything layed out and ready to be connected. But before I start slicing, I need to know exactly what each plug contains.

I am bypassing the amp in my trunk, so I need to know which plug is the output and leads toward my speakers, from the stock amp, so I can directly connect my factory speakers to the after market unit.

In the dash I need to know..

Is there a constant 12v or do I have run one from the ignition harness?

Is there a remote wire behind the dash?

Ground wire?

And power antenna..

How can you be in the "middle" of your install without this information?

The attached diagram from ARRC is supposedly for the standard 2000 GS400 Pioneer audio system. There are different diagrams for the Navigation and Nakamichi audio systems.

I was surprised recently when I had a Kenwood double-DIN installed in my 2000 LS400 to find that profession installers now have methods and specialized parts for attaching wires from aftermarket components to Lexus OEM audio system harness connectors without using aftermarket interface harnesses and without doing any "slicing", splicing or soldering. It made the installation super-clean and allows for the quick and easy reinstallation of the original components without evidence left that the car ever had aftermarket audio.

I thought the 2000 GS400 had the radio antenna imprinted on the rear window like my 2000 LS400. No? You'll probably be wanting to tape-up and ignore the small antenna connector and use only the large one like the installer did on my LS - reception seems unaffected but I don't listen to radio much.

2000 GS Pioneer audio diagram.pdf

Well I just saved the actual connections for last. I had to lay all my wiring and stuff first. I got my subs running, aftermarket unit working, all I have to do now is connect my amp bypass in the trunk. I think that the green clip is the speaker line. Thanks for trying even though you were no help :-)

IMAG0373-1.jpg

Orange clip is power/bend etc.

Green clip runs to all speakers.. (amp bypass) if you splice fresh speaker wired with the green clip and run it to you new head unit you will be pleased with the results. Easy as heck, and save 800 bucks that these companies will try to steal from you..

• 7 years later...