Code Reader For '94 Ex 300

Flat6

I have a miss on one cylinder, not sure of the cause just yet. My wife doesn't drive anymore(health issues) and it's been sitting for some time with year old gas in the tank. Starts fine but sits there and putts, one cyl. not firing. I'm assuming the '94 has the older system monitor which doesn't work with the OBDII reader, so just wondering what will work without investing a ton of cash. The local Lexus stealer wants $100 just to hook up to it just to give me an idea of what's going on, decided against that. Guess I can pull the plugs on the front side but with my luck it will be something on the back side of the engine. That involves more work than I care to get involved in since it appears I'd have to pull the intake just to get at something back there. I'm also assuming it could be an injector misfiring due to the bad gas. Maybe just taking it out and running it hard for a time might clear it up, maybe put in some Techron or other injector cleaner. Any suggestions?