Fixing The 12 Cd Changer

Tomcat07

Don't know if this Is the right spot for my problem.

The CD was skipping, then quit entirely. I took it apart and noticed that the plastic arm that shuffles the CD is broken. Is there somewhere I can send the unit and have it repaired?

Thanks,

Cary

It's looking increasing grim for getting these aging audio system components repaired. The following link is to the Florida company that repaired my 2000 LS400 Nakamichi head unit in 2008 but they don't appear to work on many older Lexus audio system components these days: http://carstereohelp.com/lexus.htm

I hated the thought of installing an aftermarket system in my LS400 but I had that done yesterday due to my Nakamichi intermittently failing (right channel) again. Even before I did that, I stopped using the CD changer about a year ago when I had an aux-in added to the Nak since I have all the music from my CD's that I still want to listen to stored on my phone.

I really can't tell the difference between the sound quality from an original CD and the same music copied from CD to my phone. And it is much easier to stream music from a phone than from a CD changer whether or not you have an aux-in added to your OEM radio or replace your OEM radio with an aftermarket system.

Here is a photo of the Kenwood double-din head unit I had installed in my LS400 at Best Buy yesterday - $498 including install but not including taxes. This particular unit (DDX470) has Bluetooth A2DP audio streaming, Bluetooth hands-free phone capability, a Pandora interface, 3.5mm aux-in and USB input and has a CD/DVD player. It's also is sat radio (requires a plug-in turner) and iPod (requires a cable) ready although I'm not interested in those features. It's amazing what so little money buys these days.

I doubt that cars will even have CD players in a few years - just like almost no cars are available with cassette tape players these days.

post-2157-0-29696400-1383527684_thumb.jp

Don't know if this Is the right spot for my problem.

The CD was skipping, then quit entirely. I took it apart and noticed that the plastic arm that shuffles the CD is broken. Is there somewhere I can send the unit and have it repaired?

Thanks,

Cary

The 12 disc Fujitsu changers are junk, The worst Lexus ever used. No One repairs them, I do not sell them because they always break. I do have a 6 disc Lexus CD changer that is a direct swap out.