Aftermarket Bluetooth Available For '02 Ls430/no Navigation

r063rt

I just purchased a used 2002 Lexus LS430 without navigation but pretty much had everything else, like the Mark Levinson audio package and wood trim/shifter and it's in pristine shape for a 11 year old car. But I so want bluetooth accessibility for my phone so that I can talk hands free and to play my own music through the system.

I have solved the music problem temporarily by using a tape adapter and it works pretty impressively for a $9.99 price tag, but the wires bother me on such a gorgeous console.

For bluetooth I am using my headset, but driving a Lexus with a headset kind of kills the look while on the road don't ya think?

Well does anyone know of a great aftermarket or OEM system that can be installed? I don't care to add a Nav Console as I hate to start messing around with electronics on a vehicle that has been 1 family owned and the only major problem was the compass. But if only option is to add Nav I will consider.

Please have a great solution and thanks in advance! I am glad to be part of this online club and forum now as I have waited about 15 years to be a Lexus owner!!!

Regards,

Robert

r063rt

An interface from http://www.vaistech.com/site/home.php will get you an aux-in so you can stream music and you could even plug a A2DP receiver into it so you could stream wireless instead of plugging in your phone - the more recent square-shaped ones from Blackberry get particularly good reviews.

Or something like a Parrot Mki series kit will get you both handsfree phone and audio streaming but I can't remember if the audio streaming is wireless: http://www.parrot.com/usa/ There are interface harnesses that make installation easier: http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

I use a Garmin 2595 portable GPS mounted on a Pro.Fit bracket by the radio of my non-nav 2000 LS400 for handsfree phone and navigation - works particularly well with Android phones which can pass location information to it. My Garmin is hardwired into the center console so that it turns on/off with the ignition switch - a "semi-permanent" installation. I had an aux-in added by Factory Radio Service in California but I don't know if they offer this for the LS430 since there are other better solutions like the ones from VAIS, iSimple and others..

There are lots of other Bluetooth kits that will work on your car but choices seem to be drying up as more and more cars come standard with this technology.

• Like 1