2007 Es350 Small Oil Leak In Cylinder Head

I took my 2007 ES350 for the scheduled 60,000 mile maintenance to Lexus Dealership in Buffalo NY area. My transmission warranty expired as of February 2013. I have been religiously taking the car for servicing at the dealership every 5000 miles.

I was contacted by the service manager while the car was still in their shop of a small oil leak in the cylinder head. The fix was fairly involved and expensive,$2400 and they would have kept the car for 2 - 3 days. I Googled and came across this TSB # EG010-0 which described a similar problem. The service manager initially negotiated with Lexus corporate and gave me a spend of $900 to fix the problem. I refused the repair and asked them to do the scheduled maintenance and give my vehicle back.

I talked to Lexus corporate and was told they will work with the dealership to get the problem fixed. A few day later I was contacted by Dealership and they were ready to fix the problem for free.

I left the car at the dealership and it took them almost a 5 days before they gave my car back. Once I received the car I saw oil in my garage floor and a few drops throughout the driveway and a small puddle of about 1 1/2 foot in the center. When I looked underneath I could see drops of oil dripping from the engine. I drove the car for 2 days in this condition.

I called the dealership, curious on the oil leak, and they made me check the engine oil level. The level was a little low, they recommended me to drive the car back for repair. They gave me a loaner while the car is being looked at.

Would Driving with dripping engine do any permanent damage to the car?