91 Ls400 Transmission Clink

flipmode64

I have a very fast vibration i can feel in the gas pedal around 1500-1900 rpm, in ANY gear. Some days its there and some days it isnt. 85% of the time it is there though.

Owner before me had a garage trying to "adjust" the driveshaft due to this vibration. also had both the tranny and motor mounts replaced.

I am pretty sure there is an aftermarket driveshaft on the car.

I was going up a hill the other day with window down and it was holding gear at about 1700 rpm and I could hear a constant metal clanking noise that was bouncing off the curb and back in the window which i could hear, sounded like somthing was metal grinding or clinking together, which i assume is related to the vibration in the pedal.

I also notice that if i am driving slow (20-30kph) and speed up just a bit and then completely let off the gas, somthing makes a clink under the car basically where the tranmission is, which is assume is the transmission.

Any ideas what this could be, or what I could try/test?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I would not assume that the clicking is associated with the vibration. Maybe it is but maybe not.

Now, I suppose you have thoroughly checked the universal joints on the driveshaft?