Lexus Link System

55wong

My understanding is that that the service campaign to remove Lexus Link at no cost to the car owner expired a long time ago. Attached are all the documents I have seen about removing it.

I've heard about numerous people who did not have Lexus Link removed because they liked its voice memo feature and decided they could live with the warning each time they started their cars so they could continue using it.

campaign-lsc-4la-2001-2004-ls430-lexus-link-system-removal-overview-.pdf

campaign-lsc-4la-2001-2004-ls430-lexus-link-system-removal-implementing-instructions-.pdf

campaign-lsc-4la-2001-2004-ls430-lexus-link-system-removal-technical-instructions-.pdf

• Like 1

There is a connector under the trunk floor on the right hand side that patches it into the sound system. The directions are on page 26 of the second document; basically you'll unplug the LL system from the stereo and unpower it. It won't talk to you anymore but the buttons will not light or nor will the memo feature work as the whole system will be unpowered.

I think i was able to silence the warning by turning it down all the way with the volume rocker but I've long since learned to just ignore it when the car starts. I have fantasies of cannibalizing one of the new OnStar mirror modules and figuring out a way to wire it into the existing LL system buttons but alas too many projects too little time.