Why Does My Car Get Such Bad Reviews?

13IS250C

Since I have bought my car, I have done some Googleing around to read up on some of the reviews for it. OMG! Why does it get such bad reviews? I have had a lot of nice cars in my life and this one is by far my favorite. Things I have read.....

"Bulbous rear end" - Really?!?!? It isn't that bad out of proportion. Ok, the backside is a little big, but my gosh...the top has to fit in there and I still have room for 5 or 6 bags of groceries.

"Lack of engineering" - Again....Really?!?!? Just the way the top raises and lowers is amazing to me. I can't think of anything (except the cupholders) that I would change.

"You can't see the gauges with the top down" Gee...I'm glad to know that. I sure don't have any problem with it. The plastic covering them is tinted and I have no trouble at all seeing them.

"Sluggish" Ok, I really don't see why Lexus could only get 204 h.p. out of a V6, but I haven't had any trouble getting around anybody that I want to get around.

"The styling is tired" Ok, I know the body style is a few years old, but I have to ask you. DOES THIS CAR LOOK TIRED TO YOU?!?!?

lexi_zps7c97cf03.jpg

Sorry to rant and rave, but I really don't understand it at all.

"To each his own"...... and that surely applies to buying a car, as well as anything in life. It's always been my belief that when your a paid reviewer of anything, people don't feel like they've got their money's worth unless you can find some flaws as well as gret adoration for it's major achviements. (not to be confused with my spelling).

Your IS250C is not everyones cup of tea, no more than my ES350 would be yours. Mine is not as tight in the corners, it tends to roll a little, and its 275 hp is more than adequate for my needs but off the line would not make your neck snap.

Every magazine reviewer is paid to make their readers feel they got their moneys worth so they make sure they come up with something to grab the readers attention so they will stop what their doing an read on. It's sad, but we always want to read about the train wreck first, and then the little boy who was pulled from the well.

Be proud our choice. It's a damn good Lexus.

Paul

By the way, if some one already hasn't, Welcome to the Lexus Owners Club. We're glad your here and look forward to hearing more from you. Remember, the only opinion that counts is yours......your the one making the payments! :)

Thanks Paul. I'm really enjoying my car and I'm glad I found this site. ;)

You are correct, as long as I'm happy with it, I don't care what those writers think. They probably drive a Prius.

I like your avatar. I think I'll put Young Frankenstein on my Netflix cue. I would like to see it again.

• 2 months later...

Styling is so subjective, even if some writers like to dwell on it. I much prefer to come to my own conclusions regarding styling.

Yes a IS250 is sluggish versus a IS350 or IS-F, but compared to common econo boxes on the road not so sluggish.

Your post today Lex-Sv made me think about the reviews and blogs last fall when the new 2013 ES50's came out. If you recall it was the first unvieling of the new front end styling. Talk about a differance of opinions. One writer couldn't say enough good things about the car, while another saw it as an act of treason!! LOL

Always good to see you Becki and St posting.

:D I love it here.

I get tickled at the reviews people will post on Amazon. Half of the people will hate an item and half of the people will love it. Really?!?!?! Are we talking about the same item here???

I still have mixed reviews about the '14 IS front end. I liked it in person. I still love the lines of mine though. So smooth and sleek. To me, a lot of the cars out there now just look like they have a big mouth!!!!