Hello

amzad7

New to the forum and new to Lexus too.

Just bought LS400 99 US origin imported to UAE. very satisfied with the drive and comfort.

Need some suggestion about the petrol consumption, i feel its more than other LS 400 around.

What should be checked in car ???

Hi Mohammed. Congrats on your 99 LS 400. Im new here myself and I have a 99 too. I havent driven it much yet but per previous owner and I am seeing it myself I am averaging 25 mpg. How many miles do you have in yours?

Welcome to the forum from Dallas TX!

Welcome aboard to both you Mohammed and you Rey. We look forward to you becoming active members of te LOC.

In terms of mpg, Rey your doing very well accordind to the results of some longitudinal data I'm including as a link. In one of the data collections, it looked like even in the best of conditions the 1999 LS averaged about 17 mpg. As a comparison my 2010 ES and 2013 ES will easily produce around 32 mpg on hiway driving. That shouldn't be suprising since the LS was a V8 and the ES is a 6 with no turbo. Plus the 2013's have the benefit of 7 speed electronicly controled transmission, And I think they have also switched to direct injection. I am probably wrong on that, but I have heard a lot of noise during last year regarding it's pro's and con's. So here is where I'll put in my disclaimer for not really being a guru". LOL

http://www.fuelly.com/car/lexus/ls400

Paul

Thanks for the input Paul. I really appreciate it. As you know I have my 99 for barely a week. The 25mpg average was conveyed to me by the previous owner ( whom I fully trust) and also that is what I am seeing on the dashboard display. I haven't driven it much since I am still enjoying detailing it and staring at in in my garage and also I have my daily driver. I have filled up the tank and will check my consumption on my next fill up. I will probably run a quarter tank and check. Will keep you posted.

Regards

Rey

Paul,

For the records and to keep accurate infomarmation specially for newbie you are absolutely correct and thanks for bringing it up. I"ve been driving the 99 LS yesterday and yes Im averaging 25-26mpg on the freeways straight and level @ 65mph.. City driving stop and go takes me anyhwere for 14mpg to 17mpg. I will get an accurate/actual mpg on my next fill up.