Driving Lights

If you're looking for the maximum output in terms of lumens, then HIR bulbs are the solution to replace your DRLs.

But they're the same "color" as the standard ones. If you're looking to get a more "white" HID look, we're kind of out of luck.

If you're looking for the maximum output in terms of lumens, then HIR bulbs are the solution to replace your DRLs.

But they're the same "color" as the standard ones. If you're looking to get a more "white" HID look, we're kind of out of luck.

So they can't be upgraded to a brighter white?

• 3 weeks later...

So they can't be upgraded to a brighter white?

There are halogen bulbs out there that are "whiter", but they're not as bright. A good example are "HOEN" bulbs. They're a "tad" more white than the oem DRLs, but they're not as bright.

http://www.ultrashieldorlando.com/mdx/bulb3.htm

And don't even consider HIDs, as they can't be wired with the DRL functioning- as during DRL mode, the computer switches the DRL bulb circuit to series (reducing the power to each bulb to about 6V, not nearly enough to ignite an HID ballast). And HIDs can only run at one power setting.

hids are a fail in drls. other than that you can simply keep your low beams always on. or you can replace the drl with led but that will only be good for looks. wont even work as a good high beam flash

• 3 weeks later...

i have a question. my headlights ever since i bought my vehicle the cut off point is too high. How would i be able to fix this problem? do i just move the headlights down by taking off the bumper?

i have a question. my headlights ever since i bought my vehicle the cut off point is too high. How would i be able to fix this problem? do i just move the headlights down by taking off the bumper?

there are adjustment screws on the back of the headlight that you can turn to raise/lower the beam angle.

• 2 weeks later...

I get to it by removing all the panels and the bumper?

I don't believe that would be necessary. The screws should be on the headlight itself just on the back. You should be able to get to them by removing the engine cover panels and just reaching behind the headlight. I did this once on my cousin's 09 IS250 and it was easily accessible.