How To Play Mp3 Or Wma Files Through Car Stereo

Recshooter

I have a 2010 ES350 with the navigation system and I'm interested in playing audiobooks from my Sansa Clip Zip MP3 player through the car stereo. When I connect the MP3 player through the USB port, the Lexus doesn't recognize the MP3 or WMA files. Can I just save the audiobooks as a different format? Do I have to burn a CD with the audiobook? Can I add a bluetooth dongle to the MP3 player and try connecting that way. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Try plugging the 3.5mm audio-out of your Santa Claus MP3 player into the 3.5mm aux-in port instead of into the USB. Per your owners manual, the USB supports only flash memory and iPod - same as our new Prius. If you have a Smartphone, maybe put your audio books on it and connect your Smartphone to your audio system wirelessly via Bluetooth audio (A2DP).

THANKS, 1990LS400!!! I never looked at the aux in the Lexus closely enough to realize there was a 3.5 mm port as well as the USB. I just bought a 3.5 mm male to male connection and it works perfectly. Again, many thanks.