Headlamp Assembly Replacement Options

These "replacement" headlights will be re-designed versions of our current headlights. Most likely different vent ports, etc. I'd do whatever possible (hint hint: buy a used damaged set on eBay to install, then have Lexus replace) to get the new re-designed version, to prevent failure in the future.

• 3 months later...

Hello to all. New member here looking for a little advice on this headlight topic. We have a 2008 rx400H which has experienced the condensation problem and now has a low beam HID lamp out. (also a 2004 rx330 which does not have the HID lamps and which has no such problem!)

When reading this forum I was encouraged to find mention of Lexus sending a 'letter' which I presume must offer some relief. However, when I called Lexus (corporate) I was told that although our rx400h may be qualified for something the phone representative called 'warranty enhancement', that I would have to take the car to a Lexus dealer and the dealer would make a determination as to 'if' our car is qualified. While not totally bummed out, I am suspicious as to 'why' some would receive letters and others (such as us) would not.

Can anyone offer: (1) exactly what your letter said, (2) perhaps post the text so I could have it available to show to the dealer?

Any other specifics would be much appreciated.

Dear Maseace,

Thank you for the thumbnails. From the description of 'qualified' in the letter, our 2008 Rx400h meets the specs. Hopefully we'll get a letter soon, but it'll be nice to have the enhancement number and a copy of the text when I visit Lexus next week.

Again, thank you for your posting!

Lexus had Denso (the headlight manufacturer) fix the design flaw in the RX headlights for the 2008 model year, however not all updated headlights made it on every 2008 RX. Lexus needs to inspect each headlight and cross-check the part numbers to ensure that corporate Lexus will pay them for replacing the headlights.

All that was changed is the design of the vent ports on the back of the headlights.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys so my headlight comes on, flickers, and then goes off. I've had the headlamp replace once before by the dealership for condensation and now its the same problem. Though this time around, water got in only once and dried up. It just stop condensing pretty much even if you put it through a car wash. Since it dried up, it left a pretty ugly water stain right in the middle of the headlamp. The dealership said they would replace it if I can show them it has a condensing problem.

So I pretty much want the headlamp replaced on the passenger side but I cant seem to get it to condense. Also, I plan on getting a ballast because im pretty sure thats what it needs from reading the forums. Do you guys know any place I can get oem ballast for cheap? I want to bring the ballast in and have them put it on with the new headlamp.