First Lexus Year

Gator1991250

Thank you very much.

As a follow-up, since the first year of retail introduction was 1989, were the first Lexus cars marketed as model year 1989, 1990 or something else? I still have my 1990 ES 250 and I am curious as to whether it's part of the first U.S. imports.

Again, thank you very much.

I should have mentioned that the driver's side door placard states it was manufactured in Japan in April 1990 with VIN JT8VV22T6L0118132. I can't read the pre-delivery service check stamp, but its first 1,000 mile service was conducted on 10/25/90 at Thompson Lexus of Doylestown, PA. Of course the car came with a 1990 Owner's Guide and a 1991 Owner's Manual. Hope that helps to narrow it down

Well, I double checked the registration and mine is designated as a 1990. I assume that the Lexus marketing department would not have had designated any as a 1989 when they could use 1990. So, I think it's safe to conclude my Lexus is part of the first shipments to the United States.

Thanks again!