Padded Dash Lifting Separating

RIkardo

The padded dash above and immediately adjacent to center council has lifted up. Area of lifting is approximately two inches back and as wide as center council.

Can it be fixed? If so how? Lexus can no longer replace, and I am hesitant to replace with junkyard unit.

Thank You,

Rikardo

Sorry no ones talked to you up til know, so I appreciate your patience.

I have heard of this problem only once or twice before. My best suggeston would be a auto body shop. They may be able to take the das out and fix the seperation problem.

Good Luck

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

My JDM import 1994 LS400 has exactly the same problem the dash has curled up on both sides around where the windshield demister slots are located, I posted up on the UK LOC and got no response so it looks like a rare problem.

I did wonder if it was heat related as mine spent the first 12 years of its life in Japan.

I can see no easy way of sorting the problem apart from replacing it as you mention.

Many years ago I owned a British built Rover 800 car and these also had what became known as "Curly dashboard syndrome" but with some impact adhesive and some clamps it could be fixed without removing the dash.