Draft Under The Instrument Panel (Below Knee Level Airbag)

I noticed a small draft in driver's side knee level in my Rx400h, under the lower instrument panel. I'm not quite sure where the cool air is coming from, but it's quite close the lower air blower. In passanger side everything's nice and warm.

I took a photo - you can see the draft is coming just below the lower instrument panel finish, under the knee level airbag.

Usually this is not a problem, but now it's below -10 degrees celsius and it's annoying to have cold legs in otherwise a warm car.

Anyone had similar issues? I've had the problem since I bought the car three years ago, just didn't bother with it until now..

post-124783-0-40219300-1354562203_thumb.

Yes, and yes! The cold air is very easy to notice when blowing warm air from the vents down there.

The lower blower also seems quite weak compared to other cars I*ve had. Even if the blower is set to maximum and only to the legs, it's still doesn't seem to get the lower knee area nice and warm as it should... Strange since other vents work nicely.

Maybe you can re-route the air vent from under the seat (for the rear passenger) to face forward and get a little extra heat up front?

Good advice, I'll try that! Anyone else noticed a rather weak air blow from the lower vent under driver's dashboard, or is it just me?

I have to admit that my Corvette's HVAC system is better than any I've ever experienced. On a cold morning (Yes, on occasion, temps can get down to 40F, here in San Diego), the interior of my car is toasty warm and not because I crank up the air velocity and fiddle with the controls - I do nothing at all. The 70 degree setting remains the same, year-round. Indeed, Lexus could learn something from GM when it comes to HVAC systems. Ofcourse, GM could learn much more from Lexus, especially when it comes to reliable electronics!