Tape Player

JMorg107

I have one of those cassette tapes tht you plug your iPod into and when I put the tape in and press the tape button, nothing plays and then it will automatically switch to radio. Any thoughts on what's happening?

I have one of those cassette tapes tht you plug your iPod into and when I put the tape in and press the tape button, nothing plays and then it will automatically switch to radio. Any thoughts on what's happening?

Hi JMorg and welcome to the Club.

I think your problem is several years of technology. My 2005 ES350 had the same set up as your 95' LS. You could plug your source into the cassette tape adapter and get a reasonable sound. However, the new Ipod's require a USB port to plug into. This type of connection allows the Ipod and the radio/head unit to "talk" to one another and share information such as the current song playing, name of artist, find a particular tune, etc.

In my knowledge, there is no way to adapt your present system so it will work with your Ipod. Taking all of the Lexus original equipment out and replacing it with a new aftermarket system would be the only way to accomplish your goal.

Paul

Have you tried other tape adapters? The research I did seems to indicate that many have a short life and high failure rate. Ebay seller Factoryradios in California can add an RCA jack to your radio head unit fairly inexpensively - the jack can be installed either on the radio face or on a cable that comes out the back of your radio.