Ls400 Code 25 Lean !

k_tieu

Hey guys i have a 1990 LS400

i recently cleaned out the egr port and the PCV port. and a day later the car shakes when it drives. code 25 comes up for air fuel device lean, feels like a miss fire but it is not miss firing at all i checked all vacuum hoses there fine so far have not found a intake leak i only have an exhaust leak before the main cat, thats about it.

and yes this kills the power too u have to step a bit farther for it to go. i am so puzzled i even cleaned the AMF. im starting to think that i should take the intake runners apart n clean it out. but yea every time u go into reverse it studders/ shakes. and same when u drive.

some say it could be the o2 sensor but i dont know at the moment.

thanks for your responses

If you have an exhaust leak before the O2 sensors then there will be oxygen added to the exhaust stream. The O2's see that oxygen as lean - excess oxygen means insufficient fuel as far as the ECU is concerned. It then adds fuel to correct it. You'll have to repair the exhaust leaks. The ECU has only a limited range of adjustment, and a big leak will exceed it's ability to trim the mixture. That has probably produced the code.

Check all of your previous work again as well.