1999 Lexus Rx300 Error Code P1394

David N

Please point me to the right direction on How To fix this issue (VVTi Oil control valve filter location OCV) - Any one has the picture of its location and how to change it would be very much appreciated. -Dav

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much Thomas -

P1349 VVT System Malfunction (Bank 1b) blocked oil control valve filter - Do you also have the picture location of this "Oil Control Valve Filter". Thanks.

Dav

• 1 month later...

Actually it could be 1) filter 2) oil control valves 3) wiring 4) ECM. My mechanic said ECM. I disagreed. Took my car home. I started with filter. (10 min job) They were clean. Replaced the OCVs. (I believe in doing things in pairs) (10 min job). Code went away.

HOWEVER, bank 2 is tricky & my wire casing are brittle in areas, so my housing connecter pulled away from the wires a little, so while my P1354 (bank 1) went away, I sprung a new P1359 (bank 2). The P1354 for the OCV. The P1359 for ME was wiring. The P1354 caused my timing to advance wrong on one bank & the car lurched, smoked, etc. The P1359 causes no problems whatsoever except an engine light.

I hope this helps. ^_^