Hello,greetings To All

angaadi

I am a retired employee in Bombay,India. I ran into this site whilst trying to gather information on the lexus LS 400, a 97 beauty I was planning to buy. I Itake this opportunity to greeet all the members of this forum and hope I would spend good time here and be benefited by the knowledge of the fellow members. I own a 1993 Honda Accord and it has been a very good vehicle. Planning an old 97 lexus ls 400 that is becoming very irresistible.

Welcome to the club! Ive got a 93 lexus ls400, hard to even tell its from 20 years ago. 235k miles and still will launch like a rocket. I just got the car about a month ago and have no complaints at all. Needed a few minor things done to it but all is well. :) hope you grab that 97 ls400 i dont think you would regret it one bit, that is if it is all in order :). Best of luck!

Thanks a ton for the message. It is taking a little time go take the vehicle for a test drive and also a mechanic to confirm the condition of the vehicle but I am given to understand the vehicle is in a very good condition. I am very careful in this issue as I am no longer in service and that if I really buy it, I and my family should enjoy without any bickering.As you are in the U.S you may not feel it, but here in India the fuel cost to run a 4000 cc is a real Bomb. I wonder how I am able to even think of a lexus when all the local community is happy with a Maruti(Suzuki)800.Shall be in touch with all .

Regards,Prabhakar Rao

Yeah, i went from putting regular gasoline in my cars for the past 5 years to putting Premium into my car now. Its quite a shock to pay atleast 40 cents more per gallon cause i own the lexus now. But over all its well worth it! If your able to get ahold of the car and it all checks out i believe you will be quite satisfied! I have family members who live by BMW and ive been hearing alot of people thinking that these LS400's are much better. Best of luck again!

Angaadi:

Welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll find this community and our love for Lexus vehicles equally exciting as to owning a 97 LS. Just out of curiousity, are you planning to purchase the NorthAmerican/European version Lexus LS400 or are you thinking about the JDM/Asian-market Toyota Celsior. Either one should equite to luxury and performance, and chances are your neighbors will be jealous :)

Hello Dear UCF3, Thank you very much for the message. I am really enjoying the contents mthe club and really impressed by the knowledge and the love of the members for the lexus. I am sure I shall continue to be benefited by the information in this forum till I buy the lexus and of course post buying too. However, I have not yet gone to the seller to discuss the matters. I do not claim of any indepth knowledge of lexus but it certainly is not the celsior. It is an import into India and since we have the right hand drive it must be the same model that was released in the U.K. In our country all the things are on the British Pattern for historical reasons. I am planning to buy this and since I am a strong willed person, I should be making it soon. I am a retired person, with very limited resources and hence should weigh all the things very carefully. The other intimidating factor is the engine size, a very big 4000. We in India normally prefer a smaller car and preferably and diesel, if possible a cng etc .Once in a while odds like me drift to the other side. I just like it and as you said it is going to be a possession envied by many. The reason I have joined this club is to know this vehicle well before I really buy it. The area where my land is situated is where this car is going to run, a very remote area with roads full of patches, no mechanics who would have heard any thing like lexus. I figured out from some mechanics that I should keep amount equaling to the cost of the vehicle over a period of one year if things go bad. The vehicle is a 97 Right hand drive with all the usual options including sunroof and blissfully sans traction control and air suspension. My friends have seen this vehicle and they say it is in a very good condition. But as I shall be treading an unfamiliar path, need to be very cautious. Things here are not like in the US and other developed countries where DIY is very common. For us it is a bit difficult and again running the risk of blowing my own trumpet, people like me are a small exceptions and this may be more due to the economic compulsions.I think I should have written a little less? Thanking you again for ur message and with regards,