2006 Is250 Navigation Stuck

nish

I have a 2006 IS250 recently touch screen stopped responding. It is stuck on the language selection menu.

Buttons on the left and right side (climate, menu etc.) show up on the scrren but cant select anything on screen. The backup camera works.

After the $129.99 diagnostics, lexus dealership cant fix the problem. Suggetsed $3000 fix (replacing the unit)

Do I need a new LCD screen? Has anyone else had this issue before?

Noticed these parts on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/...50 touch screen

Any recommendations for getting this fixed in San Diego or Los Angeles?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, the new replacement touch screens sold on ebay are the same defective part number that is in your current non working lexus is250/350 navigation screen. so if you replaced yours with new defective screens they sell on ebay the screen digitizer would also go bad with time. the 2006 2007 and 2008 is250 is350 and isf screens were all defective. since it wasnt a safety defect lexus did not have to replace them all . dcfish guru member has acsess to replacement with non defective screen with lifetime warranty. please contact dcfish on this club for more info. the defect seems to show up from owners in warm climates like southern usa and middle eastern countries.

• 8 months later...

My Nav screen just froze. I have an I S2 50 Dealership just quoted me $3100 including service for replacement. Guess after reading all of this I will go back to them and see what they say.

My Nav screen just froze. I have an I S2 50 Dealership just quoted me $3100 including service for replacement. Guess after reading all of this I will go back to them and see what they say.

Hi Edie and welcome to the LOC.

If in fact your problem is the screen, I would suggest you contact "dcfish" on this site by using the Personal Message feature. If he isn't able to help, go to "sewellparts.com" for a price on a new screen. Sewell Lexus is a large dealer in Dallas, TX wich also sells parts via the internet all over the country. For Lexus Owner's Club members they give a substantial discount on parts sales. When you log in, just indentify your self as a Club member.

Please come back and let us know what you found out.

Paul