Thoughts On Cpo 2011 Mileage - Too Many?

Hi. I'm in the market for an 2010-2013 RX 350. I currently drive an '04 BMW X3 with 92k miles. I've been looking at listings, etc., but haven't found "exactly" the right car yet, and I may have stumbled on one, but the mileage has me thinking about whether or not I should even go look at it.

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share your thoughts about how many miles on a used RX350 is too many. I found one that's fully loaded but it's got 55k miles on it. It's a 2011 one owner, exterior and interior colors are what I'd like. Dealership doesn't have a photo of it up yet, but the price is $33,500, which is a great bargain, but is 55k too many miles?

If it were a BMW, I'd wouldn't consider it with 55k on it, but maybe it's not too many on the RX?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Hi. I'm in the market for an 2010-2013 RX 350. I currently drive an '04 BMW X3 with 92k miles. I've been looking at listings, etc., but haven't found "exactly" the right car yet, and I may have stumbled on one, but the mileage has me thinking about whether or not I should even go look at it.

I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share your thoughts about how many miles on a used RX350 is too many. I found one that's fully loaded but it's got 55k miles on it. It's a 2011 one owner, exterior and interior colors are what I'd like. Dealership doesn't have a photo of it up yet, but the price is $33,500, which is a great bargain, but is 55k too many miles?

If it were a BMW, I'd wouldn't consider it with 55k on it, but maybe it's not too many on the RX?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Hi, Sue,

I saw an article today in Consumer Reports that, with proper care, an RX and many others should be good for 15 years and 200K miles. You might find the article to see if it would work for you. HTH

Hi, Sue,

I saw an article today in Consumer Reports that, with proper care, an RX and many others should be good for 15 years and 200K miles. You might find the article to see if it would work for you. HTH

Thank you. That does help a lot. Much appreciated.

If you can get this SUV as a CPO (certified pre-owned) vehicle Lexus will put a 3 year (from your date of purchase) 100k total vehicle miles warranty on it. You can also extend the 3 yr to 6 years but the total vehicle miles stays at 100K, for a price. I have owned Lexus cars and SUVs since 1993 and this is the way I would go.

• 3 weeks later...

My only concern would be whether or not the owner serviced the car for all 5k intervals. 55k miles in one year is a lot, and would require maintenance, well, once a month. You should definitly call a Lexus dealer to inquire about service records. If you cannot find proof that the car was serviced properly at Lexus, i would assume the services were not done and avoid puchasing the vehicle.

Good luck!