Electrical Problem

Diazg07

I have a short in my 1995 ls400. I hooked up the tool with the little bulb while the car is off and I removed all the fuses in the engine compartment and under the dash but the light still stays on so I don't know what to do now. I also replaced my altornator and now the radio turns on but no sound( if I hold down the scan button I can hear the beep but no music). The fuse for the radio in the engine compartment is good but I don't have a diagram for what fuse goes to what for under the steering wheel fuse box. Any input would be appreciated

I have a short in my 1995 ls400.

Why do you say you have a short? This is often cited as an electrical problem but seldom is it the problem. Wires tend not to jump out of their insulation and connect with others (unless there is some wire mating ritual I am unaware of).

What is the symptom you have? Unable to start car, nothing works electrically with key in on position, battery goes flat a day or so after last trip, fuse X keeps popping, ...

more description might allow us to guide you better.

as for the radio maybe you tripped the anti-theft feature and you have to enter the code to awaken it.

If I put the key in and put it on acc the radio has sound but as soon as I switch it to on or crank it the sound turns off. Any ideas on what I should check or do?What would be the code to awaken it. What would be the code to awaken it?

It sounds like it might be in the ignition switch if you can power the radio on ACC but not with ON. You can try jiggling the key with it running to see if there are any signs of the radio awakening. If the radio works in ACC then it is not a theft deterrent issue.