Best Winter Tires And Rims

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Purchased a used 2006 Lexus GS 300 for my mother who is in her 80s. She still drives well. The car is the AWD version and came with 17" rims and run flat tires. I would like to change it over in the winter to 16" rims and Bridgestone Blizzak tires. Tire Rack says I can do that, my local tire place says I can't and that if I don't keep using 17" rims I won't run at the right speed. Makes no sense to me though. Also, does anyone have recommendations for winter tires on the AWD version.

Follow Tire Rack's suggestion although these days I would probably stick with 17" rims and the OEM tire size. I love my Blizzaks!

I suggest getting a set of OEM 17" wheels for the snow tires. Aftermarket wheels like the ones I bought from Tire Rack can be a hassle if one ever gets ruined - sometimes hard/impossible to find a matching replacement.

Craigslist can be a good place to find used Lexus wheels. I bought OEM "take off" wheels for a previous Lexus from the Lexus dealer to use with snow tires.