Ml Cd/dvd Door Won't Open

Hello,

I hope that someone knows of an inexpensive repair for this situation.

Yesterday, after several weeks of not using the CD player, I tried to lad a new CD, but the door would not open. I also noticed that the green led (which changes to orange when open) was not illuminated.

Does anyone have a solution other than replacing the unit?

My car is a 2008 LS600hL.

Cheers,

Hank

:cheers:

Hi Hank. Sorry your having the problem.

Before you throw your hands in the air in dispair, lets talk about a few ideas. Since the LS is an 2008, is it possible that it may still be under warranty. If so, head to your dealer. If not, I'm no expert, but others who have had this problem have tried some of these things.

Look in your owners manual and find the location of the fuse that protects the radio, cd player. With the ignition in the off position, remove the fuse from the fuse box using the little set of "twezer" like fuse pullers that are included in the fuse box. Wait 5 minutes or so, then put the fuse back in. Now you can start the car and see if the cd changer will begin cycling by itself. If not, touch the eject button and see if that will start it to work. The concept is to "reset" the system by letting all the processors drain themselves of power, and "re-boot" the system, hoping it will start over and remember that it's mission is to eject the cd, not make waffles.

Also, a reputable auto stereo shop may be able to help you for a lot less than the dealer. But be careful who you chose to go to. A poor, un/trained tech can ruin your system in a heart beat.

Your dealer may have seen this problem before and may know exacly what to do. If your not a Do it your self guy like me, the dealer may be your best and most logical choice in the end.

Let us know how you come out.

Paul

Before you go to the dealer figure out how much the fix may be. You may be better off buying a warrant first. U need to do that before u go to dealer because they won't fix preexisting conditions. Then u have to wait until 30 days or so and then your fix will be covered us you'll hav coverage for anything else that goes wrong in future. Especially with that expensive veh. Fixes won't be cheap. I know a place where u can get good prices on warranties if you want to go that way.