Bluetooth & Aux Port

• 2 weeks later...

I have an '07--Aux port was standard. Bluetooth was ONLY with nav--that continued for at least 2 years after, I'm pretty sure. BT may have moved to a separate feature later on--not sure.

• 2 months later...

I just bought an 08 IS 250 wihtout Navi (or bluetooth), but it does have aux and power source in center console.

My question is there a way to add bluetooth to the car? It would be especially nice to be able to use the existing buttons on the steering wheel that are not being used.

I just bought an 08 IS 250 wihtout Navi (or bluetooth), but it does have aux and power source in center console.

My question is there a way to add bluetooth to the car? It would be especially nice to be able to use the existing buttons on the steering wheel that are not being used.

No Lexus is listed as compatible but it might be possible to use a Parrot UNIKA to control a Parrot MKI series Bluetooth kit with your steering wheel controls since one of the UNIKA modes is programmable: http://www.parrotsho...t.aspx?i=182081

I don't remember seeing the UNIKA for sale in the US and it could get a bit pricey for something that might not work.

An alternative is to use a portable GPS (e.g. Garmin) that has Bluetooth phone capability. The Garmin I have mounted on a modified Pro.Fit Legend bracket on my dash works extremely well with my Android phone - very reliable voice dialing. It doesn't mute the stereo like OEM Bluetooth or a kit like the Parrot would do but the Garmin rings very loudly so you won't miss incoming calls.

post-2157-0-12710200-1350961542_thumb.jp