No Spark. Help!

speed101

Hey there I have just changed my sparkplugs, wires, distributor caps, rotors, valve cover gaskets and injectors on my 91 celsior. The car was running before the maintainance was done.

When I try to start my car up and it just cranks and doesnt fire. Tested both banks and neither have spark. I am not sure how to test for fuel but every time i crank it and pull a different spark plug out it smells of gasoline so i assume there is fuel.

I have just cleaned my crank position sensor and it reads to the correct resistance.

I cant imagine both ignition coils going at the same time because it had run before the changes.

I have no idea where to go from here, any ideas?

thanks

just checked for codes, getting code 12, so it is either the crank or camshaft position sensor. does anyone know where the camshafter sensors are??

• 2 weeks later...

I would recheck all what you have done before going any further, apparently it is possible to fit the rotors 180 degrees out so check these 1st.

Have you also checked for spark at both coil leads, pull them out of the distributor caps hold it a few millimeters from the block with insulated grips and get some one to crank the engine, if you get a spark look at those rotors again.