Lexus Pre-Owned Certified

Norboo

What does this mean exactly? I saw one LX 570 that was certified and it looked great with like new tires, detailed and runs smoothly. Today I saw another that needed major cleaning, runs like crap, almost bald tired and in dire need of a brakes. Manager says it is Lexus Certified.

I always thought when Lexus put their Lexus pre-owned certified, it was trust worthy and the car is in great shape. Up till today, I held Lexus in high regards, now I see them as sleazy used cars salesmen.

What does this mean exactly? I saw one LX 570 that was certified and it looked great with like new tires, detailed and runs smoothly. Today I saw another that needed major cleaning, runs like crap, almost bald tired and in dire need of a brakes. Manager says it is Lexus Certified. I always thought when Lexus put their Lexus pre-owned certified, it was trust worthy and the car is in great shape. Up till today, I held Lexus in high regards, now I see them as sleazy used cars salesmen.

You have a really good question. The first LX you drove, had the appearance, smooth driving and running,that is part of a well cared for car by it's previous owner.This is one thing that qualify's it to be sold as a Certified Pre-Owned Car.. The rest of the certification includes a thorough inspection of all the parts that need replacing at certain intervals, and safe levels of tire tread. Additionaly, The CPO provides a near bumper to bumper waranty for I think, three years. All of the carpet is shampooed and the oil and filter are changed.

The second dealer you went too, was a joke, and their idea of CPO is moe like DUMB!

Hope this helps.

Paul

• 1 year later...

The official answer is here: http://www.lexus.com/cpo/overview/

Someone who routinely buys CPO cars in the US, however, advised on a forum that nowadays two refurbished exterior parts are OK for a CPO car. Not sure if it's true or not but maybe we'll never know...