Just Leased A 250Is

250IS12

Hello just leased a 250IS a week ago with 10K miles per year, for 4 years. Got a base with 18" wheels. It will be used for going to work, so didn't want it with any option. My buy out value will be 18K. My question is if I want to buy the car, do i have to take it to a Lexus dealer? Also if I go over few K's how flexible is Lexus when it come to Lexus when returning there leased cars?

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

If you do decide to buy it out at the end, you don't have to take the car to the dealer, but you do have to go through the dealer. They won't do any of the legwork with you over the phone, the dealer's business manager has to be involved.

They will charge you for every mile you are over, no exceptions. If you are buying or leasing another car from them you can negotiate who pays the penalty with the salespeople selling you the new car, but LFS will charge you.

Thanks everyone. As per the dealer, they said if I am over few K's, it shouldn't be a problem. However I will try to keep it within the 40K limit. Also the sales man said, I can run 87 octant. Is that true? Coz on the cap it says premium.