Engine Oil.

HI,have GS300 AWD 2006,and I was wondering if it is alright to put QMI or Militec to the engine oil,any suggestions,for smoother engine running and longer engine life.

• 8 months later...

Stefan: I am not familiar with the two products that you mentioned, but I have been adding ZMax to the oil on my '03 Tundra SR5

since I bought it used in '07 with 17830 miles on the odometer. The old man in Roswell,NM almost drove the wheels off it before he

traded it in for a RAV4 for his wife. hehe I also bought a second hand '04 Toyota Avalon XLS that had 50.7k on the odometer, I also used ZMax on a regular basis until I traded it off for a, 2006 Lexus GS430 that I now own. It had 63.6k on it's odometer. Even after being raised by a used car salesman that swore to find out the brand&weight of oil that the previous owner used, and stay with same oil; I changed the oil to Caster Oil GTX 5-30 and added ZMax to the oil at the first oil change. I have watched the car

garage shows on TV and watched the ZMax demostrations that they put on. The ZMax actually penetrates into the aluminum or

steel sleeve liners and stays in there so it will make the piston rings slide smoother. I am an ex-Navy diesel engine mechanic and I

would help an engine to last longer. But most importantly be sure to always use the Toyota brand oil filter, they have a anti-drain

back valving in the filter that keeps a full oil filter. It makes it a lot messer to change out, but then from the filter you have a consid-

able amount of oil that goes right to oiling the main,rod, and camshaft bearing surfaces at startup. It doesn't have to wait for the oil

pump to charge the system before it is dumping oil into the oil galleries on the main crankshaft bearings on up to rods bears and

also the all important cam shaft bearing. The only other brand that has this feature is the Fram TuffGuard. But Toyota brand one is

the best bet. But that again is just my opinion................

I'm planning to use ZMAx the clean and deodorize the cats on my GS soon. Glad to hear you like it enough to recommend the product.

I know the GS300s and IS250-350 are having some piston issues. Have you talked to the Lexus dealer about testing for misfires before you run ZMax or Milltek solvents.

Nabil: No sir I haven't talked to a Lexus mechanic about possible miss fires. The '03 Tundra now has 40K+ on the odometer and

the '04 Avy had 71K+ and I changed the oil to Caster oil on both of them and the Avy to Sintec and added ZMax to both. Never had

a misfire on either vehicle. The only CkEngine light I've ever had on my Toyota products is on a '01 Camry that is my daily driver, and

it was because of dirty injectors from to many in town miles and running strictly regular unleaded. It has 86K+ on it and that occured

a couple or four years back. I bought a Actron CP9185 scan tool and finally figured out the injectors were the cause. I used Slick 50

injector cleaner, and I like that stuff. The way it's used is to run the auto till it's almost out of gas, add the product into the tank then

drive it for ten minutes; fill the tank and drive it and the darn stuff WORKS. Have never had a CEL on the Avy or Tundra that I owned,

and probably never will. With over 95K on three Toyota vehicles and not one misfire, except the Actron scan tool thought that the

Camry had one; they use a distributor-less twin coil wasted spark ignition system, like some of the old Ford engines it thought so. Now with the GS430 I run 60% 88 octane and 40% 90-91 octane 10% eithol gas in all three and the GS430 doesn't have the pickup that it would running 100% 91 octane; but I'm not a racer either. Now I DO, BUST the speed limit on occasion; had it to over

130 night before last I don't do that in traffic and only on rare occasions. And it runs smooooooth and quick. You really have to watch yourself in town. But I've got into the habit of running on the cruise control on the long in town streets. Now to set the record

straight the ZMax that I was referring to in my original post is the Oil Treatment and I have run the Gas Treatment of the ZMax product in the Tundra and have never had any problems with that product either causing a misfire....... . So I would definitely reco-

mmend their products as an additive to the oil and gas for anyone that wants, a cleaner running and longer lasting vehicle! Enough

said? Al - KF5GKQ - Artesia,NM

• 4 weeks later...

HI,have GS300 AWD 2006,and I was wondering if it is alright to put QMI or Militec to the engine oil,any suggestions,for smoother engine running and longer engine life.

Stebbi - I'm a synthetic oil nut, worked on engines for 50 years (career was in technology though), and been using nothing but synthetics since

1977 in all my vehicles & newer motorcycles (NOT in my classic old Triumph's). Started with Mobil 1, but last 5 years use only Amsoil. Clearly

proven to be the best of the synthetics. Use it and you don't need any questionable additives. And you'll get 300k trouble-free miles out of your Lexus engine.....

IMHO.

gatornapper

'09 GS350 AWD w/Nav, silver

'03 GS300 (sold to realtor daughter), silver

'08 Porsche Cayman (just traded, looking for an '09 S model)

'09 Harley "Screamin' Eagle" CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3, '07 Harley Wide Glide FXDWG, Stage II,

'71 Triumph Trophy 500 T100C, '72 Triumph Bonneville T120V, '73 Triumph Trident T150V

1F3AB2F5-EB9E-4703-A3DD-C54BA34D300D-648

• Like 1