F-Sport Exhaust

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I drove a F-sport exhaust-equipped IS350 at my dealership last Monday. Nice snarl without being too loud. I've asked my SA to quote a good price, let's see what he comes up with.

• 1 month later...

I have a Tanabe Medalion

Do you like it? What's your impression?

Decent growl between 2300-2800rpm, then at 3000rpm the sound of my K&N intake takes over

But overall still too soft for my taste, sounds like a stock car from another brand....even stock G35 is louder

Thinking of doing a res delete or swapping out for HKS or new Greddy EVO3

Good thing about it is barely any drone...I think only detected drones when I go through tunnels

I did enjoy a pretty extensive test drive in a used IS350 with F-Sport exhaust at my dealership. I need to remind my SA to quote the OTD price (w/discount).

FSport is fairly loud for a 2IS exhaust, not as loud as HKS HiPower and just about the same as original Lexus HKS

Very nice sound, tips run a little longer than the Tanabe, more flush if you have a rear lip like the GFX

You can check Sewell Lexus online, they sell all genuine OEM stuff as well forum members get a discount (ClubLexus and My.IS...not sure about here)

Sometimes they even have it on clearance at super low price, but even their Forum Member price is MUCH lower than any local dealer

• 2 weeks later...

Had the F-sport exhaust installed Saturday, sounds excellent through most of rev range (especially mid to high revs), not excessively loud. Since I use this car for weekends mostly, it's a perfect exhaust system for my taste. Loud enough to be satisfying, but quiet when driven conservatively.

Pros: Semi-exotic sound, nice finish, good fit, pretty quiet in cruising mode (at steady speeds).

Cons: A little bit of droning at 80mph+ speeds.

Had the F-sport exhaust installed Saturday, sounds excellent through most of rev range (especially mid to high revs), not excessively loud. Since I use this car for weekends mostly, it's a perfect exhaust system for my taste. Loud enough to be satisfying, but quiet when driven conservatively.

Pros: Semi-exotic sound, nice finish, good fit, pretty quiet in cruising mode (at steady speeds).

Cons: A little bit of droning at 80mph+ speeds.

Note: stock intake, which is how I will leave it.

Nice. Did you order off Sewell? I'm looking to maybe swap out for the new Greddy EVO3

No I worked with my local custom wheel/tire shop and they worked it out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

btw - Thanks reyoasian for your input, it was helpful.

I never drove the Tanabe Medallion setup so I was glad to get feedback from an actual owner. I was fortunate my Lexus dealer let me drive a used F-Sport exhaust-equipped IS350 for as long as I wanted unaccompanied.

• 2 months later...

FSport is pretty loud.

I'm tired of my Tanabe now, still too soft for my taste. Not gonna do res delet as it may cause a lot of drone. Probably going to sell it, accept the loss, and get an EVO3.

Yes, the FSport exhaust is just loud enough to be satisfying. No need for midpipes and resonator deletes that cause a lot of droning and rasp. The only time when the F-sport sound is borderline annoying is cruising at speeds of over 80 mph ( which is faster than I should be cruising at, so it serves as a convenient reminder). Overall I enjoy it, at mid to high revs with sunroof open, the sound is nearly exotic-like. Driven conservatively with AC on and windows up the sound is pleasantly low key.

Good advice, thanks. Funny, but my wife said that the first week. And my gas mileage was temporarily down 10% because I was operating at higher revs with heavier foot for a couple of weeks.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Regular dirty red IS250 next to F-sport Exhaust IS350.

(Also you can visually see a couple of other differences, including 20% tint versus 35% and stock suspension versus F-Sport springs, no rear spoiler versus OEM rear spoiler, wider rear tires)

post-130421-0-32428500-1382557142_thumb.

• 3 months later...

I mentioned earlier that the F-sport exhaust had a semi-exotic sound when revved, but now I have a specific car or engine to reference:

Maserati Ghibli (3.0L 60degree V6), it sounds similar when revved, not so much at idle.